This is the site of a residence where the Shinto priest of Okinokojima Shrine and his family continued to live from generation to generation. Hidden Christians also participated as Shinto parishioners in the rituals performed at the shrine. On bad weather days, parishioners offered prayers through the “yohai-jo” (the place for worshipping from afar) attached to the residence. The altar in the yohai-jo was built in 1823, during the period when Christianity was officially prohibited. Today, the town of Ojika received the building from the Shinto priest’s family, and has been taking care of the facilities.