On the premises of Sakitsu church there is a small museum. It contains old photos of the original wooden church built in Sakitsu in 1880, as well as a watch and books which belonged to Father Halbout. Especially of the note is the organ which he took with him from Kuroshima church (where he had been stationed prior to his arrival in Sakitsu).

The museum also has several other items of interest, including many from the time when Sakitsu’s Christians were still in hiding. These items offer important clues as to how precisely the Hidden Christians were able to keep their faith. For instance, the museum houses a mirror with a cross drawn on the back, and shells which were used as religious medals. Since olden times, fishing has been the traditional livelihood of Sakitsu village’s inhabitants and so in addition to rosaries and medals the Hidden Christians used abalone shells and so forth as objects of devotion. Natural stones were also used, and the museum houses stones which were thought to be shaped like crosses as well as a stone which was believed to symbolise the Blessed Trinity (on the top it has three holes, but if viewed from the back it appears to have only one).