おらしょ こころ旅

Component

Candidates for a world heritage

世界文化遺産に関係する登録資産の一覧です。

Candidates for a world heritage

Kuroshima Church

Kuroshima is an island located southeast of Hirado, off the coast of Sasebo. Many people came and settled here in the 18th century.

Kenhoku

Kasuga Village

A village along the west coast of Hirado, facing out towards Ikitsuki island. Hirado was on the maritime route which linked Europe with India, China and Japan, and it accepted foreign trade along with foreign missionaries.

Kenhoku

Mt. Yasumandake

A sacred mountain located on the west coast of Hirado, 536 metres above sea level.

Kenhoku

Nakae no shima

An unpopulated island located 2km off the northwest coast of Hirado. The island is 400metres long and 50metres wide.

Kenhoku

Shitsu church

In September 1865, following the Discovery of the Hidden Christians at Nagasaki’s Oura Cathedral in March of the same year, Father Petitjean (the priest to whom they had confessed their faith) visited Sotome and successfully made contact with Hidden Christians living there.

Nagasaki

The sardine net workshop of Former Shitsu Aid Centre (Father de Rotz Memorial Hall)

In 1885, this building was constructed opposite the Former Shitsu Aid centre. It is a wooden-framed, one-storey building made of brick.

Nagasaki

Former Shitsu Aid Centre

Former Shitsu Aid Centre opened in 2013 after 5 years of conservation and repair work.

Nagasaki

Oura Cathedral

Oura Cathedral is dedicated to the 26 martyrs of Japan, and was also the stage for an event which became known as the “Discovery of Christians”.

Nagasaki

Former Latin Seminary

Although it is popularly known as the Former Latin Seminary, the school’s official name is actually Nagasaki Catholic Divinity School. It was established by Father Petitjean in 1875 (soon after the ban on Christianity in Japan was lifted) in order to train theology students and Japanese priests. It functioned simultaneously as both a divinity school and a lodging house.

Nagasaki

Former House of Archbishop

In 1915, the original presbytery (from before Oura Cathedral’s construction) was rebuilt.

Nagasaki

Ono church

Built for 26 Christian households living in the vicinity of Ono, as a peripatetic church of Shitsu church.

Nagasaki

Former Gorin Church

Former Gorin church is located on Hisaka island in the Goto islands. The island is shaped like a horse’s hoof.

Goto

Egami church

A wooden church with a multi-layered roof, designed by Tetsukawa Yosuke and completed in 1918. It has three aisles and a rib vault ceiling. The nave walls are arcade and mock triforium.

Goto

Site of Hara Castle

Located in Nagasaki prefecture in the southern part of the Shimabara peninsula.

Shimabara/Amakusa

Former Nokubi Church

Designed and constructed by Tetsukawa Yosuke. Finished in 1908.

Kenhoku

Remains of Nokubi village

Nokubi village was located in the centre of Nozaki island, and today the remains of former houses and traces of disused farmland can still be seen there, as well as Former Nokubi church. A trail which the village’s inhabitants made is also visible.

Kenhoku

Remains of Funamori village

Located on the southern tip of Nozaki island, Funamori village consists of the remains of houses, disused farmland, a cemetery, the remains of an old wooden church (which was known as Setowaki Church) and an old trail.

Kenhoku

Kashiragashima Church

Kashiragashima is an island located east of the island of Nakadorijima, in the north of the Goto archipelago. The church itself is found in the village of Shirahama.

Goto

Sakitsusuwa shrine

A shrine built in a small fishing village on Shimoshima island in Amakusa (which is part of Kumamoto prefecture).

Shimabara/Amakusa

Sakitsu church

A church built in a small fishing village on Shimoshima island in Amakusa (which is part of Kumamoto prefecture).

Shimabara/Amakusa

初代﨑津教会堂跡

明治時代のキリスト教解禁後、1888年に最初に建てられたカトリック教会堂の跡地。禁教期に信者が祈りを唱えていた﨑津諏訪神社の隣接地に所在。1934年の現﨑津教会への移転までの間、信仰のよりどころとなった。現在は石垣や、昭和30年代に建築された修道院の建物が残っている。

Shimabara/Amakusa

五輪のキリシタン墓地

かつては、30戸あまりの信徒がいたが、今は3戸の家で教会を維持している五輪の墓地。墓碑を建てるまでの目印として丸い石を集めて置いている土葬の墓は、古代遺跡のようにも見える。

Goto

沖ノ神嶋神社

沖ノ神嶋神社は、中国との主要な航路の守り神として、704年に建てられました。古来より野崎島全体が神道の聖地とされ、五島列島一円の氏子から崇敬されていました。19世紀中頃、外海地域の潜伏キリシタンは、氏子として神道の聖地に移住すればキリシタンと疑われる可能性が低いと考え、野崎島に移住しました。

Kenhoku

沖ノ神嶋神社神官屋敷跡

沖ノ神嶋神社の神官一家が代々暮らした屋敷の跡地です。神社の氏子を装っていた潜伏キリシタンも神事に参加しました。悪天候の際には屋敷に附属する遥拝所を通して神社を拝んでいました。遥拝所の祭壇は、禁教期の1823年につくられたことがわかっています。建物は、神官一家から小値賀町が譲り受けて修復しています。

Kenhoku

潜伏キリシタンの指導者屋敷跡(現在の旧野首教会)

野首集落に暮らした潜伏キリシタンの指導者(帳方)屋敷の跡地です。解禁後しばらく時間を経た1908年には、敷地内東側に3代目となる野首教会(現在の旧野首教会)が建立されました。

Kenhoku

潜伏キリシタンの指導者屋敷跡 (初代野首教会堂)

野首集落に暮らした潜伏キリシタンの指導者(水方)屋敷の跡地です。屋敷では、潜伏キリシタン信仰に基づく、様々な行事が行われていたと考えられています。また、解禁後の1882年には集落で最初の教会堂がここに建てられ、「潜伏」が終わりを迎えました。

Kenhoku

潜伏キリシタンの指導者屋敷跡(舟森集落跡)

舟森集落に暮らした潜伏キリシタンの指導者(水方)屋敷の跡地です。屋敷では、潜伏キリシタン信仰に基づく、様々な行事が行われていたと考えられています。ここに暮らした指導者は、解禁後には伝道師として活動し、舟森集落の潜伏キリシタンの教会への復活を支えました。

Kenhoku

潜伏キリシタンの墓地(舟森集落跡)

外見は仏教徒の墓と変わりませんが、発掘調査により、仏教の極楽浄土のあるとされる西側ではなく、反対向き(人骨の顔の向きが東側)に埋葬されていたことが確認されています。

Kenhoku

瀬戸脇教会堂跡

解禁後の1881年、舟森集落に最初の教会堂が建立され、「潜伏」は終焉を迎えました。1966年の廃村に伴い教会堂も廃堂となりました。附随していた司祭館は、小値賀本島に移築され、現在もカトリック小値賀教会として利用されています。

Kenhoku

丸尾山

春日の棚田の中央にある小さな丘(丸尾山)の頂に、「丸尾様」と呼ばれる石祠がある。春日沖で難破した海難者をまつったと伝えられており、住民から大切な場所とされてきた。

Kenhoku

潜伏キリシタンの墓地(堂山遺跡)

住民が稲荷様としてまつる祠の周辺で発見されたキリシタン時代のものと考えられる墓地で、こぶし大の石が長方形に組まれている。

Kenhoku

細石流教会堂跡

この場所は細石流教会堂の跡地です。細石流集落では、解禁後においても立地環境の関係で、すぐには教会堂が建てられませんでした。1920年になって集落を見下ろす山頂付近のこの場所に木造の教会堂が建てられました。1969年に他の教会堂との統廃合により廃堂となり、その後の台風被害により倒壊しました。

Goto

永里教会堂跡

永里教会堂跡は大正7年に建立されました。昭和44年牢屋の窄殉教記念教会の建立と同時に閉鎖となりました。

Goto

赤仁田教会堂跡

赤仁田教会堂は大正15年に建立されました。昭和44年牢屋の窄殉教記念教会の建立と同時に閉鎖となりました。

Goto

潜伏キリシタンの指導者屋敷跡 (「仮の聖堂」跡) 初代頭ヶ島教会堂跡

上五島地域の潜伏キリシタンの中心的指導者であったドミンゴ森松次郎は1867年に頭ヶ島の白浜に移住し、屋敷を構え「仮の聖堂」とした。

Goto

潜伏キリシタンの墓地(出津集落)

出津集落には、小田平墓地、菖蒲田墓地、野中墓地、畑杭墓地があり、1862年に絵図により墓地がそれぞれのコミュニティことに作られたことがわかる。

Nagasaki

辻神社

大野集落内にある3つの神社うちの一つ。

Nagasaki

門神社

大野集落内にある3つの神社うちの一つ。

Nagasaki

潜伏キリシタンの墓地(大野集落)

大野集落の住民は共同墓地に埋葬していましたが、解禁後に表立ってカトリックの復帰を表明したものは、庄屋や役人に共同墓地への埋葬を認めてもらえず、集落から離れたこの場所に埋葬された。

Nagasaki

出津代官所跡・庄屋屋敷跡

禁教期に出津集落を管轄した出津代官所と庄屋の屋敷跡があった(旧出津救助院の敷地内)。

Nagasaki

旧伝道師学校

この学校は、1883年に日本人伝道師の養成のために建てられた。

Nagasaki

大野神社

 大野集落内にある3つの神社うちの一つで、集落全体の守り神として最も社格が高く、代々庄屋が神主を務めていた。

Nagasaki

小濱浦

 大浦天主堂での「信徒発見」から半年後、プティジャン神父がひそかに船で外海地域を訪れた際、最初に上陸した浜辺である。

Nagasaki

聖画像(聖ミカエル図)を所有していた屋敷跡

禁教期初期に描かれた聖画「聖ミカエル図」を密かに所持していた潜伏キリシタンの屋敷跡地。

Nagasaki

「仮の聖堂」跡

 1873年のキリスト教の解禁直後、来日したペルー神父が信徒の所有地に建てた「仮の聖堂」の跡地である。

Nagasaki

トップ