Candidates for a world heritage
Remains of Funamori village
Funamori, Nozaki-gou, Ojika-machi, Kitamatsuura-gun, 〒857-470
Located on the southern tip of Nozaki island, Funamori village consists of the remains of houses, disused farmland, a cemetery, the remains of an old wooden church (which was known as Setowaki Church) and an old trail.
When compared with an old map from around 1877 (which is thought to show how the village must have looked during the Edo period), the land use of nearly all of the present-day village remains virtually unchanged.
Setowaki Church was built in 1882 but today the building no longer remains.