おらしょ こころ旅

Component

Nagasaki

Description.

Candidates for a world heritage

Shitsu church

In September 1865, following the Discovery of the Hidden Christians at Nagasaki’s Oura Cathedral in March of the same year, Father Petitjean (the priest to whom they had confessed their faith) visited Sotome and successfully made contact with Hidden Christians living there.

Nagasaki

The sardine net workshop of Former Shitsu Aid Centre (Father de Rotz Memorial Hall)

In 1885, this building was constructed opposite the Former Shitsu Aid centre. It is a wooden-framed, one-storey building made of brick.

Nagasaki

Former Shitsu Aid Centre

Former Shitsu Aid Centre opened in 2013 after 5 years of conservation and repair work.

Nagasaki

Oura Cathedral

Oura Cathedral is dedicated to the 26 martyrs of Japan, and was also the stage for an event which became known as the “Discovery of Christians”.

Nagasaki

Former Latin Seminary

Although it is popularly known as the Former Latin Seminary, the school’s official name is actually Nagasaki Catholic Divinity School. It was established by Father Petitjean in 1875 (soon after the ban on Christianity in Japan was lifted) in order to train theology students and Japanese priests. It functioned simultaneously as both a divinity school and a lodging house.

Nagasaki

Former House of Archbishop

In 1915, the original presbytery (from before Oura Cathedral’s construction) was rebuilt.

Nagasaki

Ono church

Built for 26 Christian households living in the vicinity of Ono, as a peripatetic church of Shitsu church.

Nagasaki

潜伏キリシタンの墓地(出津集落)

出津集落には、小田平墓地、菖蒲田墓地、野中墓地、畑杭墓地があり、1862年に絵図により墓地がそれぞれのコミュニティことに作られたことがわかる。

Nagasaki

辻神社

大野集落内にある3つの神社うちの一つ。

Nagasaki

門神社

大野集落内にある3つの神社うちの一つ。

Nagasaki

潜伏キリシタンの墓地(大野集落)

大野集落の住民は共同墓地に埋葬していましたが、解禁後に表立ってカトリックの復帰を表明したものは、庄屋や役人に共同墓地への埋葬を認めてもらえず、集落から離れたこの場所に埋葬された。

Nagasaki

出津代官所跡・庄屋屋敷跡

禁教期に出津集落を管轄した出津代官所と庄屋の屋敷跡があった(旧出津救助院の敷地内)。

Nagasaki

旧伝道師学校

この学校は、1883年に日本人伝道師の養成のために建てられた。

Nagasaki

大野神社

 大野集落内にある3つの神社うちの一つで、集落全体の守り神として最も社格が高く、代々庄屋が神主を務めていた。

Nagasaki

小濱浦

 大浦天主堂での「信徒発見」から半年後、プティジャン神父がひそかに船で外海地域を訪れた際、最初に上陸した浜辺である。

Nagasaki

聖画像(聖ミカエル図)を所有していた屋敷跡

禁教期初期に描かれた聖画「聖ミカエル図」を密かに所持していた潜伏キリシタンの屋敷跡地。

Nagasaki

「仮の聖堂」跡

 1873年のキリスト教の解禁直後、来日したペルー神父が信徒の所有地に建てた「仮の聖堂」の跡地である。

Nagasaki

Recommended spot

Museum

Other spot

トップ